Pages

Saturday 21 May 2016

Devils Throne

Saturday 21st May 2016

Collins Bonnet

Thark Ridge

Collins Bonnet from Devils Throne

Mount Montagu from Devils Throne

Mountain River from Devils Throne
We had a nice walk to Devils Throne today in ideal weather. I won't write any detail about the walk as I have done it before in various posts in this blog but will relate an uncanny incident that happened to us during the walk.
We had completed the section over Thark Ridge and through the wet area to Devils Throne and were now walking across to Thark Ridge. My companion shouted out that she had lost her camera, so we immediately back tracked to where she had taken her last photo, a distance of 300 metres. No camera could be found, so after going back and forth a few times and spending 40 minutes searching, I suggested that we sit on the rocks where the incident first unfolded and have our lunch and then do a final search before leaving. As I was sitting there munching my sandwich, I happened to glance over and there was the camera hanging from its cord in a bush about 3 metres from where I was sitting. The cord must have been hanging out of the case and snagged on the bush which ripped it out. Of course there was much jocularity after that because if we had not found it it would have put a dampener on what was a good walk.
A really good walk with great scenery.

2 comments :

  1. ...I just ran this route too - thanks for the route description. I mentioned your blog in my YouTube post. A really useful resource, thanks.
    Here's the link, if you're interested http://bit.ly/DevilsThrone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that Nord. Good to hear that my blog is useful. Love your videos.

      Delete