Pages

Saturday 12 January 2013

Mount Marian

Saturday 12th January 2013

Mount Marian from East West Trail
I drove up to the Myrtle Forest car park and commenced walking just on 0830. The track went up past the Myrtle Forest picnic shelter and up via Myrtle Creek to meet the Collins Cap fire trail. This was followed until it intersected with the East West fire trail and then the short cut taken over Glen Dhu Rivulet. I then walked past Trestle Mountain and continued on the East West trail.
I eventually reached the cairn indicating the start of the ascent to Mount Marian on the right. The ascent was pretty straight forward, following a track which was clearly marked. It took me 2'45' to reach the summit from the start of the walk. There were fabulous views from the top - probably one of my favourite peaks in the area.
After a break for lunch I retraced my steps back to the car. This is a great walk, partly on track and partly on fire trails and provides great views from the summit.
Distance: 15.7 kms.
Time: 5'20"
Ascent: 844 metres
Click here for GPX track.

                                                                   Various views from the summit




East West fire trail


No comments :

Post a Comment