Pages

Sunday 17 May 2015

Mount Wellington Circuit

Saturday 16th May 2015

From South Wellington Summit
For the past seven weeks I have been battling a knee injury which I sustained on the Glen Dhu Rivulet walk, so my walking has been a little limited. The weather over the last two weeks has not been ideal for walking either, with wind and rain, so, when the forecast for today was good, I decided to bight the bullet and go for a walk. I chose this walk because it was not too far from home, and, even though I had done it a few times before, my friends had not.
For route details etc. see here.
We set off from The Springs and then up the Ice House Track to South Wellington summit. It was cold but soon most were stripping off coats and jackets as we climbed upwards. There were ice puddles and a few small drifts of snow. The day was perfectly clear and it was a delight to be out walking again. The views from South Wellington were great as usual. From there we walked over to Mount Wellington summit where there were heaps of people and lots of kids playing in the snow. We then walked down the road to the Panorama Track, down to the Chalet and Organ Pipes track and back to the car. There were a couple of rock climbers on the Organ Pipes.
Overall a great day, and best of all, is that my knee is fine.
South Wellington Summit
South Wellington



South Wellington

South Wellington

Mount Wellington

Organ Pipes

No comments :

Post a Comment