Pages

Thursday 21 June 2018

Tumbledown Point

Tumbledown Point
I had previously walked to Tumbledown Point about 5 years ago but that was from Stormlea. This time I started from White Beach at the end of White Beach Road.
I set off heading in a southerly direction along a basic track and it was quite easy walking. There was some rock hopping involved but that could have been avoided by sticking to the rough track. The sun was just appearing and was lighting up Wedge Island.

The track

Wedge Island

Rock Hopping
The first port of call was Sand Bay and Low Point.

Sand Bay, Low Point, Wedge Island

Wedge Island from Low Point

Kelp at Low Point
I continued on around the coastline passing Duckhole Bay to Rush Lagoon on Crooked Billet Bay. There was plenty of water in the lagoon from recent rain and the surrounding ground was quite wet.

Duckhole Bay

Duckhole Bay

Crooked Billet Bay

Rush Lagoon
Once I had rounded the point after Rush Lagoon I could see a white deposit on the next point, which I assumed was from birds and sure enough when I reached it, that was what it was. Obviously a favourite perch.

Crooked Billet Bay

Crooked Billet Bay

Unnamed Point with White Deposit


I kept going around to Two Island Bay where there was an opportunity to descend to a rocky beach below some high cliffs.

Two Island Bay

Rocky beach below cliffs

High Cliffs

On the rocky beach

Further around looking back
Around Two Island Bay I encountered a little bit of scrub but nothing too serious before accessing an old road/fire trail which I followed to the turnoff to Tumbledown Point. This avoided a bit of a scrub bash. I then walked the short distance down to the point. There was a fishing boat right at the point and it appeared that they had been putting out cray pots.

At Tumbledown Point

At Tumbledown Point

Tumbledown Point


After a short stop I walked back to the old road a kept going south east to the National Park fire break which I followed all the way back to Noyes Road and then White Beach Road to the car. This was all good walking and made the return leg quite easy.

Sheep Paddocks from the National Park
This was an excellent walk on a very pleasant day. There is no real track for most of the coastal route but it is easy to make a path through low grassy vegetation.
Distance:17.8 kms.
Time:5'12"
Ascent: 475 metres
GPX file is here.




No comments :

Post a Comment